Tuesday, April 05, 2005

House Hunters

Today instead of just looking on-line for our "dream house" we actually made an appointment to see one. From the pictures on the internet it was fabulous and we could compromise the lack of yard for the view of Puget SOund. We figured there must be something wrong with it since 1) it has been on the market for a while, and 2) the other houses for sale on the same street are anywhere from $400,000. to $1, 200,000. We were right!!! First, the first floor ceilings my 4'10" step-mother could touch. The kitchen, although remodeled was poor design with stairs going up to the second floor right where you would put a dinning table. Secondly, you have to walk through one of the bedrooms closets to get to the laundry room and you have to duck to get into the shower on the bottom floor. Lastly, the view is about to be obstructed by four homes that are going in across the street.

Last weekend we had Chris' mom and step-dad over for dinner. I have only met them once before at Christmas time so it was nice to see them again and we made plans for Mother's Day. Chris' parents are very nice and we had a really good time visiting with them.

We also took Hayden to the second movie he has ever seen in a theater. We saw Robots and he did great for the most part. He had his popcorn which kept him busy but half way through he started to get up and said, "all done". I thought for a minute there we may have to leave but I managed to coax him to staying. It is a cute movie and Robin Williams, as always, makes a great animated character.

Oh, and Saturday I went to the DMV and got my driver's license name changed! I am official now and the picture actually looks pretty good. I was so excited I kept showing Chris my new name. Tomorrow I hit Social Security.

This weekend we are planing to go to the Tulip Festival. I have been before but it has been a long time and I have never been to La Connor, which is where Chris wants to go. They have a parade that Saturday and Hayden has never seen one before.

No comments: