Saturday, April 02, 2005

Meet the Nicholas'

Last weekend we took a trip east for Easter and for Chris to meet my father and step mother, Sally. I must say it was fabulous. My dad has a reserve about him that often makes him hard to read. This is why I had been reluctant for them to meet earlier. I wanted to be sure where his head was before he could scare Chris away. It wasn't that I was worried he wouldn't like Chris, I mean how can you not? I was more worried about Dad and I. I haven't had the best of luck in the relationship area before and even told Chris jokingly in the beginning that I was "relationship Anthrax". I figured I would get some lecturing, which I did, but not nearly what I expected.

We got to my dad's in the afternoon and visited for a bit before we had to leave. Sally set up a time for Hayden to visit the firestation and sit in some fire trucks. Afterwards, we took everyone out to Moses Point Golf Course and Steakhouse. On our way to Moses Lake, we stopped in Wenatchee and picked up our wedding cake so we had it at the restaurant as well.

Sunday we hunted for eggs, Hayden ran all around the six acres and rode horses with Chris while Sally and I headed off to Wal-Mart. We had a great salmon lunch/dinner and headed back home in the afternoon.

I must say, we think Grandma Sally is alright!!! She wore the pants off Hayden who slept through the night and clear past 7:00, as well as the entire trip back home!

No comments: