Monday, April 25, 2005

Working Weekend

We all had a pretty busy weekend. On Saturday, Chris and I went up to the boat to get it all pretty. I never realized how much work a boat like this is to take care of. I use to think all the teak was beautiful and now it is a bigger pain in the ass than I am. Even though it was work, it was fun hanging out with Chris and doing something different. Hayden got to stay with Heather and play. He must have played really hard because he fell asleep on the way home and for the most part slept from 6:30PM to 6ish AM. When we picked Hayden up from Heather's we took her and her man, Ed, to dinner at Mi Tiera in Monroe. This was the first time we had met her boyfriend and we agree they look adorable together :o) I am so happy she has found someone and that he treats her well. They seem to really compliment each other.

Sunday I was asked to babysit for clients of mine. It turned out that it was a good idea that I took them up on the offer since Chris was going to hang crown moulding. Also, Hayden was able to go with me and I thought it would be good for him to play with their daughter. The babysitting went a lot better than the crown moulding. Luckily for Chris he had a friend help him and once they got it figured out, it went well and looks great! Too bad we will only enjoy for a few more weeks and then we move. Now he knows exactly what to do for the new house.

Today I worked and it really seemed to kick my ass. I am so tired and I ache. When I was finished I met Chris and we toured the new furniture store near his work called Mor Furniture. They have some huge pieces of furniture and a few dinning room tables I could see in our house. I also got a call from one of my "employees" and she was asked by a client to travel to Italy with them in July to assist in their travel. WOW!!! It's rewarding for me to know I have great people working with me. We also may be getting a contract for a 13,000 square foot home. A few more gigs like this and we'll be movin' on up like the Jefferson's!

No comments: