Thursday, October 05, 2006

Having a Life

Okay, so it's been awhile since my last post (alright, over a year) so let's start over.

Hello. My name is Nickey and I am a real estate agent (soon to take an early retirement due to an impending move where a Washington Real Estate License is no good), a homemaker, a wannabe entrepreneur but most importantly, I am a wife and mother. I have been a wife to Chris now for about 1 1/2 years and and a mother for 4 years as of yesturday.

I hate the limbo feeling that you get when you are moving. I am so much a "nester" and now that my nest is being sold I feel somewhat detached. Today, I thought I had better get on with my life instead of waiting for my life to get on. Over the past 2 1/2 months I have jumped from the Realtor track to an I-Don't-Know-What-Track and I am really ready to make it the Nickey Track. So here is the plan:

*Work on packing.

*Blog. It's not profound wisdom but it's mine.

*Start making change of address cards.

*Keep cutting away at the ivy in the yard. I am not much into yard work but I feel compelled to keep up with this. Plus, it will look better and make the yard look bigger.

*Visit a friend in The Highlands (much belated).

*Laundry--one load a day will keep it from piling up.

*Continue to be completely anal about the way the house looks in case Realtors show up. I want to be with my husband!

No comments: