Monday, October 09, 2006

Security Mom

I've accomplished a few things on my list though others don't look like they are going to happen--oh well.

With our impending move, I have been doing quite a bit of research in regards to the school Hayden will attend next fall. Here in Washington, Hayden would have to be 5 by September 1st to go to kindergarten but in California he has to be 5 by December 2nd, in which case he will so now Hayden gets to start early. With this said, I began to think about what worries me most as a mother. I am not overly obsessed about the security of my son, thinking that terrorists are going to attack his elementary school. I worry about other things--like whether he'll become a drug addict or get a girl pregnant or get hit by a car or die from a horrible disease. I hope I am a good enough mother to parent Hayden in such a way as I will not have to worry about this in the future.

No comments: