Saturday, October 14, 2006

Some Kid Stuff

I've been wanting to post about some fun things, but haven't because I've been so caught up in my own emotional mourning. Today I was asked by my cousin (I have many but only have a relationship with one - how sad is that?) to watch her 3-year-old son Jonah. I opted to do it at her house since my house is in its sterile "buy me" state and I thought it would be good for Hayden and I to get out of Chris' way so he could finish the remainder of his to-do list. Well, not but an hour after Yvette left, Jonah thought it was a good idea to paint the kitchen table with blue fingernail polish. I have tried my best with polish remover and elbow grease to get it off but it is still there. I haven't broke the news yet and won't until her husband gets home and I soften the blow by having the dishes done and kitchen picked up. Future Picasso?

Second thing, Hayden has been going along with me to show houses and has been a great helper. He is catching on by telling my clients, "This is your new house -tah dah", as I unlock the door. He is really beginning to show more patience which I am so appreciative of.

In other news, Chris suggested that he and I go out tomorrow night. I was praying that he would want to do something with me before he leaves. I guess the Law of Attraction was in my favor. Hopefully Yvette will be able to watch Hayden for our date. I'll be sure to leave the fingernail polish at home.

No comments: